Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Another View From the Pantry



Our recent series of shots from the Ambassador Hotel's pantry -- where Robert F. Kennedy was shot in 1968 -- has elicited several more submissions from readers. Here's one from reader Joe Barrett:

After seeing Grant's photo of the pantry where Kennedy was shot, I thought I would send you my photo of the same site.

If you look at my photo and the photo of the original police investigation just below Grant's Photo, I think you can confirm that this is indeed the spot. Note the open doors on the right side of the frame in both the police shot and my shot.

As for the spot where the "X" was painted, I was told by the people that were managing the Ambassador as a film location that the "X" was painted by Ambassador employees after the shooting because so many people wanted to see the place where the crime occurred. The "X" is in a spot that is easily accessible, and would have made for a quick tour (for a tip, I suspect), while the actual location is much deeper in the Ambassador, and made for a much more involved trip.

Also as a curious aside, many people have described seeing a sinister face in the lower center of my picture (it takes a minute to see it), and they have also noted that the white shape you see to the right of the face is positioned similar to Kennedy as he lay on the floor in (the famous) photo.

Spooky, huh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Picture!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot! Alot of aura coming from this image.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo is fantastic. I'm sure if you entered it in a contest, it would win first place.
No caption needed. It tells the whole story.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home