Friday, January 27, 2006

Ambassador Update: The Sign is Gone



Sure, it was cheesy. And a relic of the hotel's last-ditch effort to revive itself. Just check out that font -- how dated! But still, the Ambassador Hotel sign graced its Wilshire Blvd. entrance for decades... and its disappearance is another reminder that the historic building is gone.

From reader Kathy:

I drove down Wilshire this am (Thursday Jan. 26) and was shocked to see an empty cement pole in front by the sidewalk. I parked, took my camera, walked over and saw that beautiful Ambassador sign on the ground, in the drive way!

I felt so bad that I couldn't even take a photo of it. I'm glad I got lots of photos while it was still in place--at the top smiling out on Wilshire Blvd. where it belongs. Where do you suppose they'll store it? I think even CoCo (Coconut Grove) looks sad.:(

I know, second Ambassador post of the day. Meanwhile, have you RSVP'ed for the Ambassador Wake yet? See you next Thursday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Victor Atomic said...

Does any else wish they could jump over the fence and take some sort of souvenir home??? Vixs (I soo wanted to dig out and take home a Ambassador Elephant Plant)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! I'd take home the 'GROVE' Sign or something representative.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home